Friday, May 18, 2012

2nd Day in New York!



Wednesday night, Jacob and I met with my cousin Erin who I had not seen in about 7 years!  It was wonderful seeing her.  We went to the always yummy Candle 79.


The next day we started our day off with a trip to the Brooklyn Museum to see the exhibition of Keith Haring's work.  We had to make 2 transfers on the subway to get there...and we did it!


The Brooklyn Museum



In 8th Grade my art teacher taught us about Haring.  I had never been excited about art before because I didn't understand it and it seemed like something for people that weren't like me.  But Keith always said he made art for EVERYONE and that has stuck with me.  I would like my art to be for everyone as well. 


Radiant Babies!


So big!  Keith, you are an inspiration!


Then we went to Vinnie's Pizzeria and had vegan pizza by the slice.  Thanks Vinnie for including the vegans!  Jacob loves pizza.






Later that night we went to Lula's Sweet Apothecary, an all vegan ice cream shop...and it was amazing.  I had ice cream on a cone!  I had drumstick (drumstick, chocolate chips, and peanuts) and peanut butter ice cream.  Jake got Chocolate chip mint.  

I think our stomachs would like us to leave New York and eat some apples and kale...


No comments:

Post a Comment