After many ideas of how to make the eggs, I think I finally figured out one that works! I sculpted the egg with plaster/paper mache mixture and while it was wet placed pieces of fabric on it. I am going to seal it with wheat flour glue, hopefully that works just to make the fabric stay on for sure.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
I have cut out all the letters and now I will sew them on with machine or by hand...I can't decide which would be best. I used two fabrics that are close in color to make it harder to read.
...and I potted some herbs! Here are my chives, parsley, and basil. I also potted oregano and rosemary. I would like to get cilantro, dill, thyme, and sage...and everything else! I hope they do alright. If you have any advice for how to keep them alive I would like to know. If they do well I will consider getting a plot at the Rogers Park, Schreiber Park community garden next year so I can have my own little garden. But I need to do some reading on gardening before I do that.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
I finished painting Kernals and Shallot. Now I need to cut it out and figure out how to put it on a wall with Jute. It is 20.5x16.75 inches
This is my new idea. The cubes originally were going to represent the eggs, but I think they will actually be sculpted eggs.
This will be the piece of wood I will drill holes into and wrap in fabric. It is 11.75x21.25 inches and very light.
These are an idea for the eggs. They are made of plaster and paper mache and painted with water color. I do not know if they will be the actual eggs I will use, they may end up wrapped in fabric instead.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
I went to the farmers market today to get these eggs. I know the farmers and I know their animals are being well taken care of so I feel I can eat their eggs. I am going to start drawing up some ideas for a new piece with my eggs. Duck eggs have a bigger yolk than chicken eggs...and I have yet to try the goose egg, that was a new find...but I read it is similar in weight to 4 chicken eggs.