Monday, May 21, 2012

First Day as an Artist in Residence at Wormfarm Institute!


My mom drove me to Wormfarm Institute yesterday morning.  We knew we were in the right place because a chicken was in the road...such pleasant way to be welcomed!  I had to get out of the car and let her know we needed the road for just a second.


It is beautiful here.  My mind is free so I can paint and sew.  I have never been to a place so green and open.  


These cows are here to graze and fertilize the land.  They rotate them across the land.  Staying in one place for a few days then moving them on to another.  


Toonces/Stuffy (I have heard two different names for him) the cat in front of my huge and bright studio!  What a friendly cat.  He runs around all day and pops out in unexpected places.  So do the two dogs, Mister and Trouser.


Barn Swallows fly around the basement of the barn.  They zip around my head.  Tiny little birds.

1 comment: