Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Morel Mushrooms and Lilac Muffins!


Yesterday Lauren and I went foraging through the woods for some morel mushrooms.  Something I have always wanted to do!  They can be found near the base of trees, especially by elm trees and dead trees.


After two hours of searching we only found two morels.  Many had been picked already and it is a possibility the season is either ending or just beginning.  I will go searching again in a couple of days.



When we got back we made lilac muffins.  The recipe can be found here.  We added a bit of vanilla extract.


They turned out amazing.  A new favorite of mine!


And for breakfast, Lauren cooked the morels with the eggs.  The texture of the mushrooms is amazing.


And today I cleaned some eggs.  Each one is so different.  So many shapes, sizes, spots, shades and dimples.  I enjoy examining each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment