Last Friday I transplanted Basil into the ground.
Mmmmm. 3 rows, staggered, I believe 6-8 inches apart.
I also transplanted the super delicate squash plants. They do not like their roots disturbed so I had to be very careful pulling them out of their trays. They were planted 2 feet apart.
I made a batch of dandelion wine. They have to sit like this in a dark, cool place for 3 weeks. Then I put the caps on and let it sit for 6 months. Lets hope it works out. The balloons have tiny holes in them so they won't explode!
Andrea brought 4 baby chicks to the farm and a month old Brahma chicken (the dino looking creature). There are two Buff Orpingtons (that is what Honey is!) and two Ameraucanas. The Ameraucanas will lay green eggs. I can't wait to watch them grow into beautiful ladies!
Yesterday I thought there had been enough rain and that maybe I would find some morels. Success! It was like easter egg hunting for adults. I found one and then there were about 15 more nearby.
I soaked them in water to get rid of any bugs. I'm going to make a morel sauce to share with my Grandma!
Crookshanks wants in my studio.