Friday, February 3, 2012

Tofu Scramble Recipe!


I have been cooking consistently for a year and a 1/2 now and I am finally at a point were I can make yummy food without a recipe! I'd like to start sharing them every so often. Here is a recipe for Tofu Scramble:

-1 TBS oil
-1 medium red pepper chopped
-1 medium green pepper chopped
-2 jalapenos chopped (or 1...or none if you don't like spicy, but I've noticed cooking jalapenos gets rid of a lot of the spice)
-1 15 oz extra firm tofu (drained well)
-2 TBS sesame seeds
-about 2 TBS of low sodium Tamari (it's like soy sauce, you can use soy sauce...but not a lot if it's not low sodium. I usually just add the tamari slowly, tasting it as I go to make sure I have enough. You definitely don't want to put too much.)
-1/2 cup green onions chopped

Chop the pepper and put in a pan with heated oil. Cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes or till peppers are a bit soft but still have a crunch! Drain tofu and crumble. Add to pan along with sesame seeds and tamari sauce. Cook for about 8 minutes or until tofu gets a bit brown. Turn off heat and add green onions. Serve! I like to douse everything in Tobasco sauce...but that's just me.


I thought I'd share how I am making the plushy corns since they are taking so long to do. I made a pattern to follow. It took an entire night to get the pattern right. What a relief when it was finally right!


I cut out two corn patterns. I also cut out hundreds of tiny circles from fabric and hand sew them to the corn patterns.


I put the two patterns face together and sew with a machine.


Flip it out like a pillow and stuff it and.....



Tada! Plushy heirloom corn!

Yesterday I found out I was accepted to be a part of the "organic/botanic" show at the Union Street Gallery. Rosa Bianca Heirloom Eggplant will be shown from February 29 to March 31. The opening reception is March 2, 6-9pm. The address is:

1527 Otto Blvd
Chicago Heights, IL 60411

It's just outside Chicago so I imagine it would be hard to come...but if you do I will make you cookies. :0 )

1 comment: