Wednesday, February 29, 2012

First Cardinal of the Year!


Earlier today, the weather in Chicago was super nice! I wore a sweater, leggings and long skirt and was content. Jacob and I took a long walk and spotted a cardinal in a tree. Here in Rogers Park I see so many cardinals. Sometimes I will see one once a day in the summer. And I get excited every time. This time I had my camera!



I am almost done with sewing 5 pieces of corn. I am half way done with the last one. I hope to have the entire sculpture assembled by the end of next week!



Buckwheat pancakes! They are very different in taste from regular pancakes. Jacob and I love them. I found the recipe on vegweb but had to make some changes to the recipe. Here it is:

Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes

-makes 4 pancakes

1 cup nondairy milk (I use soy)
1 TBS apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
4 TBS all purpose flour
1 TBS sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 TBS baking powder
2 TBS oil

-mix milk with vinegar in medium bowl and let sit while you mix dry ingredients.

-mix flours, sugar, salt and baking powder in large bowl.

-whip in oil to milk and vinegar mixture. Gently stir into the dry ingredients. Batter may be slightly lumpy, do not over stir. Let batter sit for 10 minutes.

-Heat oiled pan to low. Pour batter to desired size and turn the pan so the pancake spreads and becomes thin or else they will stay goopy inside. Once you see a lot of bubbles, flip pancake over. Be careful not to burn.

-Serve! Maple syrup, butter, and pecans!

No comments:

Post a Comment