Monday, September 9, 2013

Feathery Bums in the Sun


Page 7 of my 18 x 24 inch fabric book titled Farmer Kim and The Feathery Ladies is complete!  

I recently remembered that my interest in sewing started with my Aunt Mary.  When I was 9 she sewed sleeping bags for my beenie babies and gave me the left over fabric.  I thought I'd dedicate this piece to her by using all the different patterned fabrics she gave me 15 years ago.  I know she'd have liked my chicken book!


One of the little peepers is always on her own.  The other three stick together like glue.




Turkey is never allowed to eat without being bitten by the grown chickens.  She always hesitates and she is extremely skittish due to the many bites she receives throughout the day...but little do they know that she is a brahma and she will be 2 1/2 times the size of them all and she will stomp on all of them soon enough.  Go Turkey, Go! or more like Grow Turkey, Grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment