Friday, August 10, 2012

Making Pins for the Glenwood Ave Arts Fest


I will be selling my pins, earrings, photographs and small paintings at the Glenwood Ave Arts Fest in Rogers Park this year!  I will be sharing a tent with my friend and talented artist, Molly Costello.  The Glenwood Ave Arts Fest will be on Saturday and Sunday, August 18 and 19, each day from 12 to 9pm.

Above are some pins I have started making.


I print my artwork on cardstock paper and sew it to fabric.  This is the original painting.  Beet, watercolor and marker, 11 x 18 inches.


Here is another original, Brussel Sprouts, watercolor and acrylic, 10 x 10 inches.


I also made some pins with all the beautiful scrap fabric I have.  The fabric is too nice to throw away, but too small to do much with, but I thought making earrings and pins out of them might look interesting.


I am modeling one of the scrap fabric pins...notice the green thread hanging from my head...this is common.  Hopefully people think they are as cool as I do or I am going to have a ton of pins and not enough days to wear all of them!  


No comments:

Post a Comment