Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lavender!


I bought some lavender to make baked goods and jam with!


The recipe for Lemon-Lavender muffins said to blend the lavender with the sugar...I thought this was awesome. 


Lemon-Lavender muffins!  I made them vegan by using soy milk instead of whole milk, earth balance instead of butter, and egg replacer (a powder that is sold at health food stores) instead of an egg since I am all out of happy chicken eggs.  I was excited they turned out fluffy and delicious.  I find it very easy to make recipes vegan as long as they are not asking for too much butter, milk, or eggs.  


Sunday I bought 4 pints of blueberries from Hardin Family Farms to make Blueberry-Lavender Jam!


Here is the recipe for Blueberry-Lavendar Jam, although I would say the jam was not lavendary enough.  I saw in another recipe that you take the 2 Tbs of lavender, put it in cheesecloth, tie it up with twine, and let it boil with the blueberries for 20 minutes.  I think that would have made it have a more lavender flavor...next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment