Thursday, July 5, 2012

5 Plushies Down, 2 to Go!


I have finished 5 out of the 7 heirloom plushies for Chicago's 12 at the Garfield Park Conservatory.  The Ruby Red Chard and Blue Hopi Corn are almost done as well.  The plushies are a Zapotec Pleated Tomato, Moon and Stars Watermelon, Purple Cape Cauliflower, Make the Daughter-In-Law Cry Potato and a Parisian Carrot!


Now on to the next piece!  I have bought all the scrap wood I could need and tomorrow I will start building with help from my Dad.  

Special thanks to Andy for giving me this base that he found in the alley a while back!


I made Arugula Pesto with Summer Squash!  Super yummy and raw!  All the veggies are from my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) work share.  I work on Nick and Becky's Farm, Midnight Sun Farm, every other Friday and in return I get a 1/2 share of fresh, organic veggies each Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment