Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I have been accepted as an Artist in Residence at Wormfarm Institute!

I found out a few days ago that I have been accepted to be an artist in residence at the Wormfarm Institute from May 20th to June 15th in Reedsburg, Wisconsin! I am so excited. I will have a month to work on a farm and create some new artwork. This will be my first time away from home for a long period of time without friends or family. The residency will be an amazing growing experience for me. I will blog about my days there too!


I started the day out right with some Mango Sticky Rice! :0 ) I have tried 2 recipes so far that weren't quite right and finally the third recipe is perfect! Here is the recipe. The only thing I did differently is add a pinch of salt to the sauce and add some mint to the plate. Also, if you never have had this before, I recommend putting the mango in a fridge, it's super yummy to eat warm rice and cold mango together!


A rock painting I finished. I wanted to study the many colors I was seeing in the rocks at Lake Michigan, the shape was less important. This is 10.5 x 13.5 inches, watercolor and acrylic.


I painted my duck eggs I bought from King's Hill Farm. I loved the pristine shape of the eggs and the varieties of colors and sizes I saw in my dozen. But the painting did not turn out as nice as thought it would. I still liked the eggs though so I cut them out and created the piece below. This piece was 11 x 14 inches, watercolor, marker.


I hand sewed the watercolored eggs onto the fabric (something I have been wanting to try for a while now) and it worked wonderfully. I can't wait to do more with paper and fabric. This is 23 x 23 inches, fabric, watercolor, marker, paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment