Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Welcome Spring!


Harvesting the Blue Potato will be on display at the Zhou B Art Center from April 20th to June 9th. The above image is a close-up of the piece, it's about 5 x 7 feet. The show is called Chicago's Twelve: Twelve Artists Mobilizing the Earth. I am super excited to be a part of this! The opening reception will be April 20th, 7-10pm, just in time for Earth Day.


I saw the wall I have to show my work and realized my piece would be swamped by white wall, so I am in the process of making it larger. At least 250 potatoes larger!


Here is 156 of them cut out.


After I am done painting them, I will connect them to the cycle with jute and wheat flour glue.


Jacob and I took a walk around our lovely home, Roger's Park. I looked up and in the trees was a spazzy little bird, a woodpecker!


He was on a pecking mission.


We stopped by Ruby garden because I wanted to see all the soil before the green comes. It is amazing how much one space can change in such a short amount of time. I can't wait!



This sort of flower was popping up in random places all over. It seems to be the only flower ready to bloom at the moment. *Anyone know what kind of flower it is? This lady was growing all alone in a 6 x 8 feet square of dirt.

*My friend Kristin let me know it is a crocus! "Usually the first to bloom in the spring!"

No comments:

Post a Comment