Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chinese Scrambled Duck Eggs, Beach, and Squirrel Eating Toast...


For breakfast today I made Chinese Scrambled Duck Eggs with Kimchi, and Spinach!

Chinese Scrambled Eggs

1 egg
1 tsp low sodium tamari or soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 TBS chives


Yesterday morning I went to the beach (and that is where I am headed after this post!) to enjoy the sunshine.


Since vegetables and fruits will be growing soon, I have started to read this wonderful book my Grandma gave me called Preserving Summer's Bounty: A Quick and Easy Guide to Freezing, Canning, Preserving and Drying What You Grow. Sometimes too many vegetables come in and I have no idea what to do with them all so I am trying to learn how to preserve them. I will be sharing what I learn as I read it.

"Once plucked from the plant, fruits and vegetables stop growing, but respiration and enzyme activities (which add up to aging) continue. The physical and chemical qualities deteriorate rapidly. As a result, appearance and flavor fade, and the nutrient content decreases, particularly fragile vitamin C. " (pg. 6)

That is why we should eat more fresh veggies from farmer's markets or our own gardens for better nutrients and quality.


I found this amazing rock that had broken into many pieces in the sand. I took every piece home with me and painted the painting below.




Seagull feets!



...and squirrel eating toast....

No comments:

Post a Comment