Sunday, August 21, 2011

My first art show!

I was part of the intern show at the Packer Schopf Gallery last Friday. It was the first time I saw how people reacted to my work without knowing me. It has motivated me to keep chugging along. I saw that people really did like to look at my work AND learn what it was about! People reacted to my explanations with interest and stories of their own. It was beautiful. I want my work to educate people about food and how it got to our tables. It felt so wonderful to do that Friday. I know that one day I will find the perfect way to make my artwork and my interest in farming come together.


61 Feet Per Square Meter, I hung it from the ceiling and thought it actually looked much better than on the the wall.


Close up of 61 Feet Per Square Meter, and Ezra's Gourd (shape study) in the background.


Manufacturing the Sunflower, it was wonderful to see it hung for the first time!


Close up of Manufacturing the Sunflower with Gourd (color study), and Beet in the background.


Last minute cards for people to grab. My thumb is still numb from cutting 250 of these out!


Arqui, Adrian, and Kristen!


I missed the beautiful moment when Claire and Will first saw each other that night...but they recreated it for the camera.



And last but not least, my greatest piece of all! Randy and Jacob loved it so much. They stood against it all night admiring it's crisp edges and it's ability to hold a ceiling up.

Thanks again to all my friends that came out! This was so important to me and you guys made it great.


No comments:

Post a Comment