Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Jake Visits Reedsburg!


Words can't express how happy I was to see Jacob for the first time since the end of April.  He is my best friend and I miss him everyday.  We reunited in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and enjoyed an amazing dinner at Comet Cafe.


Homemade pancakes with homemade strawberry syrup.  This boy misses my cookin'.


We visited Dr. Evermor's Sculpture Garden.


I didn't want him to do this out of fear we'd get caught but he insisted.



Making Mint Juleps!


Potluck Sunday was delicious as usual.  Jake and I made Mushroom Marsala and Cajun Fries.


Jacob gardened for the first time!  Harvesting some kale.


This just might be the last time I get him to work on a farm.  I think he prefers to work on his illustrations and eat the kale rather than harvest it.


Picking snap peas.


Crook came out to join us.


Jacob climbing a falling down structure.  I never knew he liked to climb...but I guess that's because there isn't much to climb in Chicago.

I will be visiting Jake in New York in November.  It's far away but we are super busy people.  Before we know it we'll be back together again.

1 comment:

  1. Noah (fellow culinary seas crewmember)July 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM

    Looks like an awesome time you two! Jacob, isn't climbing the best?! That potluck food looks amazing!
    Have also visited Dr. Evermore's sculpture garden. So cool. Was the forevertron still intact?

    ReplyDelete