Monday, July 8, 2013

Bodacious Garden


I really love our Potluck Sundays.  I made a Kale Quinoa Salad with tahini, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.  Yum!


Work in progress of the 3rd page of my fabric book.  This page will introduce the chickens.  Honey the Buff Orpington is not on there because she is getting her very own page.


I still have to add the beaks and feet.  I call them Dinos because these chickens look the most like their ancestors and there is so many of them that is hard to tell them apart.


Baby Barn Swallows!  They look so angry and tough!  They hardly fit in their nest anymore.


Snap peas!  We have been harvesting many snap peas and snow peas.  Today we harvested 64 pounds of snap peas!


Cauliflower is so cool.


When they get about the size of a fist we "blanch" them, which means we tie the leaves around the cauliflower to keep it white, or else it turns yellow.


Little purple kohlrabi!


We will be harvesting green beans tomorrow.


A bed of carrots growing bigger each day beneath the ground.


And my favorite, onions!

No comments:

Post a Comment