Monday, April 8, 2013

Kombucha 2 Weeks Later


So after 17 days of fermenting my kombuca tea, this is what it looks like.  The picture below is what it looked like when I started it 17 days ago.  As you can see a new scoby grew on the top.  You can drink it like this with no flavor added.  I will save the scobies for two new batches of kombucha along with 2 cups of fermented kombucha to start two new batches.  It is not carbonated like the one you'd get at the grocery store.  In order for it to be carbonated you flavor it (without the scoby).  I made two bottles of flavored kombucha.  A citrus one where I added about a 1/4 cup of orange juice and 3 cups of kombucha.  For the other bottle, I chopped up some ginger and threw it in with the kombucha.  After 2-3 days it will be carbonated and flavored.  It tastes best when cold.  

I followed this video to learn how to flavor my kombucha.

No comments:

Post a Comment