Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Living in the Now


During the summer, the farmers and I harvested 1000 pounds of tomatoes in one day.  I took home 20 pounds of those tomatoes and made a gigantic batch of tomato sauce.  I froze the sauce so that I could eat it all winter.  Last night Jake and I finished the last batch.  I can't wait for tomato season so I can make some more!


This morning Jake and I took a walk around Rogers Park.  I enjoyed seeing the many Daffodils, Hyacinths and Tulips in the sunshine. 

I am a bundle of nerves.  So much is ending for me here.  Jake will be leaving for New York soon, I will be leaving for Wisconsin.  But with all the things that are ending, so many wonderful things are beginning.  For the past few years I have been working on how to live in the now and not in the future. So much joy is wasted when I worry about tomorrow everyday.  I struggle with wanting to control everything that happens in my life, but many things should be left to happen naturally.  It is a challenge but I am getting better and I am happier because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment