Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pomanders and Cardboard Cutouts


These are all the little cutouts I made for The Glenwood Sunday Winter Art and Craft Market this Sunday. They will become earrings, magnets and pins. I still have to sew most of them to fabric. I spent all of yesterday glueing the prints to cardboard and cutting them out. whew. Check out the market this Sunday from 9am-2pm and buy yourself a chicken pin!



A friend of mine (Hannah!) showed me how to make pomanders! They are so beautiful, they smell wonderful, and they are very soothing to make. You can take any citrus and poke a hole into it with a toothpick, then pop a clove into it. Eventually the fruit will dry out and you will have a fancy air freshener. So far I have pomandered (I don't think that's a word) a grapefruit, orange, lime, and lemon. My place smells wonderful. I am searching for other citrus to cram cloves into!

No comments:

Post a Comment