Saturday, July 12, 2014

Craft Your Heart Out 2

Craft Your Heart Out 2 was a great success! I am really loving them. I had the first one in June and I hope to continue having them once a month. They are a chance to create and be with great company. It's also helpful to make you do that little project you meant to continue 3 months ago... 

At the July craft night there was fanny pack sewing, drawing, beading, coconut cracking and patching up of dresses.


Here I am drilling holes into a coconut to extract the coconut water.

Desiree brought coconuts to make coconut milk and coconut extract from an Alton Brown Coconut Cake Recipe. The extract has to ferment for 9 days. It's going to be delicious!


Jami continued a beaded necklace she'd been working on.  So cool!


I finally started back up on my chicken book titled Farmer Kim and the Feathery Ladies and sewed feathers onto a hen for page 11.

Another lovely night. See you in August? If you live in Chicago (or the surrounding area) and would like to join in, shoot me an email at kimguare@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment