Friday, October 25, 2013

Packin' It Up


October has been a crazy month around here.  Fermentation Fest is over and the artists are gone.  The sweet Mama cows have left as well.  The barn is cleaned out and I have moved the majority of my belongings back to Chicago.  I have even started working again at my job in Chicago on the weekends.  My 6 months at the Wormfarm is coming to a close.  I am really gonna miss it here but I also look forward to what is coming next.  


I gave Crook and Jem my 15 year old cloud blanky that Ziggy (my adored and deceased cockatiel) had chewed to pieces.  I realized it was time to let it go but at least the cats can now find comfort in it throughout the winter.


The frost killed the tomatoes, peppers and eggplant.  That may seem sad, but by this time of the year a farmer is ready to say goodbye to them.  Now the garden is full with root vegetables.  Carrots, rutabagas, parsnips, turnips and leeks.


Trouser keeps me company in the garden on these cold, windy days.


I am enjoying my last Wormfarm eggs along with some Bubble n' Squeak and sauerkraut. 

It's funny how time seems like it goes so fast but then again it seems like it goes so slow.


No comments:

Post a Comment