Monday, September 10, 2012

Queen Anne's Lace Jelly!


My friend, Audra, who I work with at the Midnight Sun Farm told me she made Queen Anne's Lace Jelly.  Queen Anne's Lace is a flower that blooms when a carrot goes to seed.  They grow all over the farm from June to August, so I had to make jelly before they were all gone.  I am hoping there will be some flowers left to make one last batch.  This jelly is super delicious!  Thanks, Audra.


The recipe we both used is here on the Farmer's Feast blog.  Make sure to know the difference between Queens Anne's Lace and Poison Hemlock though!

Also!  My friend, Hope and I are planning a canning party soon.  So, if you have ever been interested in learning, but were too afraid (just like I was) and too confused by what you read on the internet, no worries, I will teach you how simple it is!  More details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment